Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recent Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for:
  1. Josiah being okay, even after he fell down our entire flight of stairs and landed with a bloody head.
  2. Ethan's delight in coloring. He bends over his paper in serious concentration, as though he's doing a masterpiece.
  3. Naomi's accomplishment in learning how to read. She's doing great!
  4. My neighbor Sarah... her letting me join her in an online grocery order, her encouragement, her having me over for tea and toast...
  5. Steve's hard work at learning to read Arabic. Everyday is a challenge for him, an uphill struggle. But he's seeking help and persevering.
  6. The sweet ways in which Naomi and Josiah talk to Ethan when they're playing with him or helping him.
  7. Baths -- the kids have so much fun with just water and a few plastic toys!
  8. My new bike -- it has really helped me get around this past week. I can't believe how much faster cycling is than walking!
  9. Hot water bottles -- my feet would be freezing every night without them =)
  10. Flexible, temporary, part-time work at Pembroke College. I enjoy the company of other women, and the chance to get paid for typing on a computer!

No comments: