- Josiah being okay, even after he fell down our entire flight of stairs and landed with a bloody head.
- Ethan's delight in coloring. He bends over his paper in serious concentration, as though he's doing a masterpiece.
- Naomi's accomplishment in learning how to read. She's doing great!
- My neighbor Sarah... her letting me join her in an online grocery order, her encouragement, her having me over for tea and toast...
- Steve's hard work at learning to read Arabic. Everyday is a challenge for him, an uphill struggle. But he's seeking help and persevering.
- The sweet ways in which Naomi and Josiah talk to Ethan when they're playing with him or helping him.
- Baths -- the kids have so much fun with just water and a few plastic toys!
- My new bike -- it has really helped me get around this past week. I can't believe how much faster cycling is than walking!
- Hot water bottles -- my feet would be freezing every night without them =)
- Flexible, temporary, part-time work at Pembroke College. I enjoy the company of other women, and the chance to get paid for typing on a computer!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
I'm thankful for: