Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Two Seems So Easy!


After my horrendous Sunday, I told Naomi that she would forfeit her weekly overnight stay with Steve's parents. Instead, Josiah went by himself and I was left with Naomi and Ethan. We had a marvelous time! I couldn't believe what a difference it made to just have one preschooler gone. Naomi didn't have anyone to fight with or raise her voice over. She happily entertained Ethan for me. We had time to scrapbook together -- Naomi's just starting her very own. And dinner was actually pleasant!

She kept noticing the 'peace' in the house and said that it was Josiah's fault that there isn't usually peace in the house. I tried to help her realize that it's not the fault of any one person in our family, but the dynamics when we all get together and start fighting!

I'm going to try to do this more often. The only problem will be that if I send Naomi away and keep the boys, I won't have anyone keeping track of how aggressive Josiah is with Ethan. I'll have to watch him carefully. But it is good to know that my kids aren't necessarily 'terror children' in all circumstances! I thank Mom and Dad Gertz for the respite they give me!

No comments: