Monday, May 23, 2016

To My Unborn Baby...

I am 30 weeks pregnant today -- 3/4 of the way to 'due date.' Little one, it has been a long time since I've had a baby in the house! When you arrive, your siblings will be 14, 12 1/2, and 9 1/2!! I didn't ever think we'd have such a big gap between children, but I also wasn't sure we'd ever get to have a fourth, and now you're here!

I haven't seen your eyes yet, or felt your soft skin, but we've seen you move (cross your little legs, wave, kick and twist) by watching you on two ultrasounds, and not an hour goes by each day when I don't feel your presence. You likely weigh over two pounds now, and your kicks, punches and somersaults are surprisingly frequent and strong. Sometimes I think you don't want me to forget you're there, snuggled safe and cozy in my womb. Don't worry! I can't forget you.

I must admit to being more than a little scared about how life will change come your arrival this summer -- about the lack of sleep, about the changes in my body, about the increased complications to simple things like leaving the house, about how my time will further be divided between caring for my 'big kids' and caring for you. But more than any of those, I'm thrilled at the chance to meet you, to learn who you are, to see you grow and develop, to welcome you into our family. We already talk about you and pray for you. Your older brothers and sister are so excited about your arrival. Josiah and Ethan especially have been longing for a younger sibling for a couple years now!

I pray with all my being that from the moment of your birth, you feel loved and protected and cherished. You are a precious gift to our family and to the world, and we anxiously await the day we meet you! Love, Mommy

No comments: