Friday, July 11, 2014

Pre-school Graduations??

A month ago, it was the end of a school year, and my facebook friends posted a flurry of photos of their cute kids. A surprising number of those kids were dressed in graduation caps and gowns -- even though they were only 4 or 5 years old. As cute as the children were, this phenomenon bothered me and I chewed on it for a while, but never got around to writing anything coherent in response.

Then tonight I discovered a great post on the Matt Walsh blog, addressing the very issues that were causing me angst a few weeks ago. I highly recommend reading it -- not just if you have cute little kids and you're offended by my honest words, but everyone -- as it is essentially a commentary on today's childhood and effects on tomorrow's adults, as much as it discusses graduations directly. Give it a try; see what you think.

No comments: